Since I began my clean eating journey over a decade ago, I have amassed a large amount of recipes...some have turned out great, others not so much. 😂 Thanksgiving is one of those holidays where we find ourselves going back to canned goods and processed foods to make our holiday favorites. This Thanksgiving, try out one or two of the recipes below to switch up your families holiday traditions.
Tips To "Clean Up" Your Favorite Recipes
- Substitute raw honey or pure maple syrup when a recipe calls for sugar or brown sugar.
- Use a healthy fat oil such as coconut oil or avocado oil in baking recipes.
- Always use full fat dairy (i.e. cream, milk, butter).
- Substitue whole wheat flour for white flour.
- Substitute canned items with fresh or frozen (i.e. green beans).